1. JRH Brewing and Opie’s Pizza Wagon are teaming up on Friday for a match made in heaven. Pair four different wood-fired pizzas with four of the brewery’s craft beers for $20 per person at the brewery, 458 W. Walnut St., Friday beginning at 6:30 p.m. Visit squareup.com/store/JRHBrewing for tickets.
2. If you’re not feeling pizza, come by Johnson City Brewing Company, 257 E. Main St., tonight from 7-9 p.m. for a holiday pie exchange. To participate, bring two identical pies — one to share and one to exchange. Don’t forget to bring a recipe for homemade pies!
1. Stop by Gypsy Circus Cider Company, 2645 Fort Henry Drive, Saturday for a Red Hot Holiday Burlesque and Variety Show beginning at 7:30 p.m. The 18-up show is free to attend.
2. Blues-rock artist Sam Collie will perform a free show at Model City Tap House, 324 E. Market St., Saturday beginning at 8 p.m.
1. Break out your ugly Christmas sweater and head to Holston River Brewing Company, 2623 Volunteer Parkway, for an ugly Christmas sweater party featuring tunes from Spank! Prizes will be awarded to the top three tackiest sweaters. The party starts at 8:30 p.m. and there is a $10 cover.
2. Songwriter night at Bloom Cafe and Listening Room, 606 State St., takes off Friday at 8 p.m. and will feature local singer-songwriters Bradford Loomis, Jared Bentley and Drew Plowman. The show is all ages with a $5 cover per person at the door.