1. Storytelling is back at JRH Brewing, 458 W. Walnut St., Friday from 8-10 p.m. for an evening of laughs, heart and a chance at a cash prize. Tellers should prepare a story 10 minutes or shorter for the event, themed “Family Meals,” and seven tellers will be chosen at random to participate. The story slam is for mature audiences. An open mic will follow.
2. Stop by Samadhi Healing Arts Center, 423 W. Walnut St., Saturday from 1-4 p.m. and explore everything the center has to offer, including a chance to speak with local healing practitioners. The open house is free to attend, with giveaways throughout the day.
1. ’Tis the season for chili competition, and you can taste the best chili Kingsport has to offer Saturday from 5-7 p.m. at the Model City Event Center, 201 E. Center St. Admission is $5, or $25 to enter the contest. Winners will receive packages to Changes Medical Spa in Boones Creek.
2. The 76th Santa Train will be pulling into Centennial Park, 235 E. Main St., on Saturday. Families can take part in a day of fun activities at the park while awaiting Santa’s arrival. Santa’s Depot will be from 1-4 p.m., and admission is free.
1. The Historic Jonesborough Dance society will collect food for the Jonesborough Food Bank this Saturday at the Visitors Center, 117 Boone St. A workshop for beginners will start at 7 p.m., and the dance will run from 7:30-10:30 p.m. Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for students. Dancers can bring nonperishable food items to donate to the bank.
2. Hear stories from Peace Corps volunteers, Vietnam veterans, coal miners and travelers through the Jonesborough Senior Center’s brand new play, “We Were So Young.” The show will have two public performances Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at the center, 307 E. Main St. Tickets are $10.