1. Warmer weather means weekend jams are back at Sonny’s Marina and Cafe. This weekend, rock out with Borderline Friday night starting at 7, Jigsaw Jane Saturday at 7 p.m. and Travis Fox Sunday at 4 p.m. Catch Sunday’s show with a special catfish dinner.
2. Johnson City Community Theatre’s improv team will have two performances this weekend. An all ages improv performance will begin at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, and a 18-up show starts at 11 p.m. Tickets to the show are $5 per person.
1. The ultimate game show is coming to The Emporium this weekend for Lamplight Theatre’s annual dinner and comedy show. The Foggy Valley Game Show will run Saturday and Sunday at 146 Broad St. A Saturday dinner show package is available at $30 for adults and $17 for students, with dinner at 6 p.m. and the show starting at 7 p.m. The Saturday matinee lunch starts at 1 p.m. with the show at 2 p.m. for $22 general admission and $13 for students, and the Sunday matinee includes a desert bar at 2 p.m. with the show starting at 3 at $15 for adults and $9 for students.
2. Learn more about Earth’s favorite star on clear Saturdays and Sundays at 3 p.m. at Bays Mountain Park and Planetarium. A special telescope at the Bays Mountain dam allows visitors to observe the sun and learn more about the sun. The event is free with a $5 gate charge per vehicle to enter the park.
• Explore the great outdoors with Erwin’s third annual Great Outdoors Festival. Set in downtown Erwin, the event will feature activities for nature-lovers of all ages mixed with local bands 49 Winchester, Folk Soul Revival, Annabelle's Curse, Ripple and the Unicoi County High School Bluegrass Band. The events, scattered from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, include:
• a catch-and-release trout pool for kids and a fly casting pool for older anglers
•an archery range with instructors from the Appalachian Christian Camp on Buffalo Mountain
•a paddle board pool from USA Raft
•live demonstrations of the birds of prey from Bay Mountain Park
•a petting zoo
•a climbing wall
•a pellet gun range for kids
•a greenhouse plant sale for gardeners
•a craft bazaar
•a beer garden