2. Groovin’ at Capone’s. Capone’s, 227 E. Main St. has another full weekend of music coming up. Today, Archaic Knowledge, The Pythia and Bad Mouth Molly will play beginning around 10 p.m. On Saturday, Love Unit and Doctor Ocular will play with Deja Fuze, also at 10 p.m. Each show: $5 over 21, $7 under 21, show for ages 18-up (928-2295, www.caponesjohnsoncity.com)
3. Arts extravaganza offered for kids. The 2017 Holiday Arts Extravaganza will be held Wednesday through Friday, Dec. 26-Dec. 28, from 1-4 p.m. for grades 1-4 at the Asheville Art Museum, 175 Biltmore Ave., Asheville, N.C. Museum members $18/day per child, non-members $20/day per child. Pre-registration required, wear old clothes. (828-253-3227, ext. 124)
4. Strings and things. The Sulphur Springs String Dippers, a band with a southern Appalachian sound, will play tonight at 8 at the Sleepy Owl Brewery, 151 E. Main St., Kingsport. On Saturday, nationally renowned mandolin player, singer and multi-instrumentalist Mark Schimick will play at 7. Both shows are free. For more information: www.sleepyowlbrewery.com, 423-723-9549.
5. One more week of “White Christmas.” Irving Berlin’s “White Christmas” plays through Dec. 30 at Barter Theatre’s Gilliam Stage, 127 W. Main St., Abingdon, Va. This weekend’s shows are today at 8 p.m., and Saturday at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Catch this “timeless tale of joy and goodwill” to close out 2017. (www.bartertheatre.com, 276-628-3991)
6. Acoustics, coffee and more. Folk Rocker Charles Walker from Boone, N.C., will play tonight at 8 at The Acoustic Coffeehouse, 415 W. Walnut St. No admission fee but tips will be accepted. Join in the weekly acoustic jam sessions, held Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. Enjoy fresh roasted coffee, 21 beers on tap, in a no-smoking, free-speech atmosphere. (434-9872, www.acousticcoffeehouse.net)
7. Pottery and a play, wonderful! Black Mountain Center for the Arts, 225 W. State St., Black Mountain, N.C., will close its production of “It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play,” this weekend. Today and Saturday, 7:30 p.m., $20. Items from the Pottery Market will be on sale through Saturday. Gallery hours: Mon.-Fri. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (828-669-0930, www.blackmountainarts.org)
8. A very Terry Christmas at Willow. A Terry Lewis Christmas Show with Terry Lewis, “the man, the musician, the legend” will begin at 8 tonight at The Willow Tree Coffeehouse and Music Room, 216 E. Main St. Tickets are $10 at the door. Sign up for Open Mic Night on Wednesday. The sign-up board goes out at 5, music from 6-9. free (423-439-4276, thewillowtreejc.com)
9. Diamonds for Christmas? The Diamonds, a diverse jazz band from East Tennessee, will play tonight at 8 at the Blackbird Bakery, 56 Piedmont Ave., Bristol, Va. On Saturday, catch Rylee Peters, also from East Tennessee, perform her Christmas Mix at Blackbird. The show begins at 8 p.m. There is no cover charge for these shows. (276-645-5754, believeinbristol.org)
10. Wars and wild hearts at Wild Wing. The band WyldeHeart will play a blend of rock, country, ’80s, dance and oldies music tonight at 10 at Wild Wing Cafe, 71 Wilson Ave. Band members are Marques Puckett, DC Wolf, Ric Burns, Mike Eldrith and Richie Gray. The Acoustic Throwdown continues on Wednesday at 8 p.m. For more information: 423-461-0071, wildwingcafe.com.
Beginning the week of Dec. 11, the Entertainment section of the Johnson City Press moved from its regular publication on Fridays to the Thursday editions. Please have your information in by 2 p.m. on Wednesdays to meet the new deadlines. Submissions may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 423-929-7484. Submissions will not be accepted by phone.