“Blood donations are especially important during the holiday season, as many regular donors go on vacation or participate in festivities and are unavailable to donate. However, the need for blood to treat illnesses and injuries does not slow down during this time of year,” a Friday press release from Marsh read.
All donors who give blood before the end of December will receive a special edition T-shirt, and in January, Marsh will be holding a number of drives at the following locations:
• Wednesday, Jan. 2, 8 to 11:30 a.m., Franklin Woods Community Hospital, Johnson City.
• Wednesday, Jan. 2, 3 to 6 p.m., Crossroads Christian Church, Johnson City.
• Thursday, Jan. 3, noon to 5 p.m., Richlands Police Department, Richlands, Virginia (Holiday Hero blood drive).
• Thursday, Jan. 3, noon to 6 p.m., Food City, Wise, Virginia.
• Friday, Jan. 4, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Food Lion, Gate City, Virginia (family-sponsored blood drive for Brandon Lane, who is battling B-cell lymphoma).
• Saturday, Jan. 5, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Julia Davis Collection Center, Kingsport (call for an appointment).
• Saturday, Jan. 5, 2 to 8 p.m., Marquee Cinemas — Pinnacle 12, Bristol (Holiday Hero blood drive).
• Sunday, Jan. 6, noon to 4 p.m., Julia Davis Collection Center, Kingsport (call for an appointment).
All Marsh Regional collection centers will be open Monday, Dec. 31, from 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., and they will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 1, for New Year’s Day.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, call 423-408-7500, 423-652-0014 or 276-679-4669, or visit www.marshblood.com.