logo



JCFD: Kitchen fire at Burger King, no extensive damage

Brandon Paykamian • Jan 1, 2019 at 6:46 PM

Burger King on South Roan Street started the year off on the wrong foot Tuesday afternoon with a small fire in the kitchen, according to the Johnson City Fire Department. 

Lt. David Howland said there was a fire in the kitchen’s hood vent system. Luckily, he said there was no extensive damage, and management told him they expected to have the kitchen up and running by the evening or the next day. 

“It was contained to the equipment that was supposed to contain it,” he said.

Johnson City Press Videos