The two-day event, hosted on July 13 and 14, will feature videos with important information about the upcoming semester, chances to be selected for prizes and opportunities to interact with financial aid counselors and staff online.
After finishing the spring semester online during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the campus began gradually reopening for faculty members to return to their offices in June before opening on July 1. The campus plans to reintroduce face-to-face instruction and bring more students back to residence halls in August.
The university will require masks, social distancing and continue restrictions including suspensions on university-sponsored travel. Up until recently, some students have had limited access to administrators.
O.J. Early, communication coordinator for the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, said administrators will be available to answer any questions students may have ahead of the semester.
“We want to make sure students have the answers and information they need to successfully start the fall semester,” he said. “We certainly know and recognize how difficult the last few months have been, and we’re committed to service and doing all that we can to reduce whatever anxiety may exist for students and their families to get this new academic year and fall semester started right.
“We also want to give them the chance to interact with other current and incoming students and get a sense of what questions their peers might be asking.”
Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships Catherine Morgan said the two-day event aims to ease students’ stress during the global pandemic.
“Without leaving the comfort of their homes, students and families will have the opportunity to get pressing questions answered about the fall semester,” she said in a university announcement.
The schedule for the Virtual Days is as follows:
Monday, July 13
• 8 a.m. — Giveaway: Visit ETSU Financial Aid and Scholarships on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to enter for a chance to win prizes.
• 10 a.m. — Facebook Live: The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will discuss dates and deadlines for the fall semester, and financial aid counselors will answer questions from students. The video will then be posted to Twitter and Instagram.
• 3-4 p.m. — Zoom Hangout: Join a financial aid counselor at etsu.zoom.us/j/92404501176. During the meeting, students can speak with a counselor and interact with other students.
Tuesday, July 14
• 10-11 a.m. — Zoom Hangout: A second opportunity for students to speak directly with a financial aid counselor and students will be found at etsu.zoom.us/j/96470953524.
• 3 p.m. — Facebook Live: The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will go live on Facebook to discuss professional judgment appeals, through which students may qualify to have their financial aid packages re-evaluated by the office if they or their families have experienced recent hardships not reflected on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Counselors will also answer other student questions.
• 4:30 p.m. – Giveaway Ends: Prize drawing winners will be selected.
The ETSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships Facebook page can be found at www.facebook.com/etsufinaid, on Twitter @ETSU_FinAid and Instagram at www.instagram.com/etsufinaid.
For more information, visit www.etsu.edu.