• Monday, Dec. 7, will mark the Grand Opening with a ribbon cutting and flag dedication at 10 a.m., with doors opening at 9 a.m.
Finger foods will be served and live music will be offered by the Jonesborough Novelty Band. The day will also include a variety of “Celebrate Our Members” activities sponsored by Four Oaks Healthcare.
At 1:30 p.m., the ETSU Bluegrass band will perform. Shuttle services will be available from the Jonesborough Library Parking Lot from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Tuesday, Dec. 8, is dedicated to the arts in the area with Showcase the Arts & Desserts Day, sponsored by Grand Home Furnishings.
Activities in the center include Fun With Paint by the McKinney Center at Booker T. Washington School at 9 a.m., a performance of “A Sojourn in Jonesborough” by the Heritage Alliance at 10:30 a.m.and special music with the Jonesborough Repertory Theatre at noon.
At 1:30 p.m., the center will feature desserts with an artistic flair from various local businesses.
• Wednesday, Dec. 9, is Celebrate our Blessings Day, sponsored by Dillow-Taylor Funeral Services. This day will be a time of reflection during lunch provided by Main Street Café at noon (preregistration is required).
Join center members as they reflect on a year of sharing, caring and accomplishments in the morning and at lunch.
From 2 to 4 p.m., area children and Jonesborough Senior Center members are invited to decorate gingerbread cookies and enjoy stories told by members with a special visit from the Jonesborough Repertory Theatre storybook characters.
Shuttle services will be available from Jonesborough Library Parking Lot from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Dec. 10, marks the center’s Serving Our Community Day, sponsored by The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy of Jonesborough. Join them for breakfast, as local organizations that reach out to the community are highlighted, including Shop with a Cop & Firefighter, the Jonesborough Area Ministerial Association, Neighborhood Service Center and Jonesborough Community Chest.
The public will have the opportunity to meet representatives from each organization, as Shop with a Cop & Firefighter and the Jonesborough Area Ministerial Association will be collecting new toys and food items.
Booths will be set up from 10 to noon. Special music will also be presented by the Majesty Choral Group from 1 to 1:45 p.m. The Senior Center will host a Line Dancing Party from 2 to 3 p.m., followed by Ballroom Dancing from 4 to 5 p.m., open to the public.
• Friday, Dec. 11, marks Be Our Guest in Downtown Jonesborough Day, as local businesses join in on the celebration by welcoming center members to their businesses.
Center members may pick up a “Guest Card” and stop and visit area merchants from 10 to 3 p.m. The guest cards will then be entered for door prizes.
The center will also be hosting an Old Fashioned Tree Lighting at 10 a.m. At 11 a.m., music will be offered with Curt Mathson, followed by a White Reindeer gift exchange at 1 p.m. Drawing will be held at 3 p.m. for door prizes from turned-in guest cards.
The new center is located at 307 E. Main St. For more information, visit jonesboroughtn.org, email email@example.com or call 423-753-1084.